Oh Bangalore!

Entry date: 23rd September 2017

I can't sleep. At all.
Instead of using the time to prepare for an upcoming test or studying for JEE, here's what I'm doing. Writing about my Bangalore trip earlier this year.


Also it just struck me that it's been 4 months since I last blogged. And that this was supposed to be a weekly thing. Hmph.

Cut to the vacation.
So it's midway through through May, and I'm all pumped for my Bangalore trip. I even bothered packing a stick of deodorant.
Well, part of the excitement could be attributed to the fact that I was going ALL alone this time. For the first time ever!(to those of you going 'meh', I'll tell you its a pretty big deal for me, okay?)

The whole thing went past in a blur. I don't really recall all that went down, even though it was a mere quarter of an year ago.
But it was massive fun.

Day 2, if my memory serves me right, I paid a visit to my uncle's lab (a cell biologist /researcher).
I waited around outside, chatting with my aunt and her daughter for a while, until I went in.
We first entered the biology lab, where a couple of cells were stored.(which for me was like samples of alien DNA hid from us by the government. I know, I've been reading too much Michael Crichton)

I'd never been to anything of the sort before (if you'd exclude our school's pathetic excuse for a lab), and I couldn't keep my hands to myself. I was examining anything and everything , from turning knobs of high-wattage biology thingamajigs to switches of fans and lights . I was a 5 year-old on a sugar rush that laid his hands on some new toy. I actually got to see liquid nitrogen and my uncle had to restrain me before I dived headfirst into a vat of the cryogenic stuff. (not that I wasn't aware of what would happen, I just couldn't care enough for my own regard)

Then we headed to the chemistry lab.
Which is when my inner Walter White woke up.
An immediate scan gave me the location of red phosphorous and was mere seconds away from tossing a handful of the thing onto a stove before I placed it back. Dozens of potential impact-sensitive explosives rushed into my mind, and I had to leave before I blew up the entire building . Hehe. MacGyver eat your heart out.

After a snack at the canteen and a quick peek at the herbarium, the highlight of the trip took place. We were to go to this restaurant, before retiring home after an eventful day. I ran around the gardens of the institute like a child, skidding and falling more than my toddler-sister. I did cause the delay, yeah, so, and after a short trip home, to "FRESHEN UP", we set off. It had become very cloudy a while ago, I had thought nothing of it and ignored it. You already know where this story is going.

It started to drizzle and rain, and we managed to finally catch an auto-rickshaw. But you see, as it happens, I was sitting on the corner facing the door, and the rain conveniently changed from drizzle to torrential downpour. I had to remove my spectacles, my phone and tried to edge my way inside as uch as possible. But alas, to no avail as I ended up getting drenched. And not the usual 'wet' drenched. This was drenched so bad that every step of mine oozed out a liter of water. Inconsiderate roadsters speeding through a knee-deep watery road had done their part in making me taste the asphalt as well.
At the dhaba-like restaurant, the second we walked in, I heard a loud bang and the power went out. But we had come too far to go back.

I ordered the entire menu that night (not really). Did the fact that I was shivering wet and whimpering put me off from having at the piping hot paranthas, or the bowl of cheese-infused Maggi? Not even close. I ate to my heart's content, all whilst dripping enough water (I KNOW that sounds wrong) that the manager-dude for the place had to call boys to clean up every five minutes to avoid a head-injury from slipping and falling.

We reached home, and within minutes I had collapsed onto the bed and slept like a baby.
Power returned only the following morning. Who needs the fan when you're trying not to succumb to hypothermia?
'Twas fun. Very much fun.

"Oh, Bangalore!
Oh Bangalore my Bangalore.
What a memory have you given me! What a tale to tell!"
 (I've also turned into Walt Whitman now)

I know that this is the first diary-entry sort I've posted, but this had to be shared :D
Arrivederci!

Comments

  1. Walter white references beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking game - take a shot you say torrential downpour instead of it rained

    ReplyDelete
  3. walt whitman and his stupid pet whale are quivering like you in the rain rn after this literally idk I never read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. imagine going to Bangalore alone ofc I can't (just female ttingz I will make this joke every time I get opportunity)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts